Our hardware solution consists of an adapter cable which has
one end that plugs into the USB port of a laptop or desktop computer and another end that plugs into the diagnostic port of your car. Since our hardware supports USB it is compatible with most computers.
Currently we offer one cable (in Enthusiast or Professional varieties) that is used on all 1996 and newer cars. We also offer an adapter cable for connections to cars model year 1995 and older that have a round diagnostic connector. We also offer a 50' extension cable as an option.
If you purchase an interface adapter, you are entitled to free software updates for as long as you own the hardware.
You can see all of the changes we have made to the product by looking at our version history.
- ISO 9141-1
- ISO 9141-2
- Keyword 2000, KWP2000
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 (32- or 64-bit versions)
- 1.8 GHz Pentium-class, dual-core processor or faster (ARM processor such as on Windows Surface using WinRT not supported)
- 1 GB Memory (RAM)
- 1 GB available disk space
- Available USB port
- Internet connection (for installation and updates)
- Screen resolution of 800x600 or greater
- Enable Microsoft® .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7, 8, and 10 (?). Free download for XP and Vista. .NET Framework 4 does not satisfy requirements.
- Adobe® Acrobat Reader (for viewing and printing documentation)
- Durametric 2nd-generation cable (?)
Hardware purchased from Durametric is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of six (6) months from receipt by the end-user. All defective hardware must be returned to us at the customer's expense.
Durametric will ship repaired or replacement goods to the customer at our expense using a comparable method of shipment. This warranty does not cover any damage caused by neglect or misuse.